Friday, December 18, 2009

::Project 8-Bit Wonder:: is now GoNintendo desktop wallpapers!


I've partnered with GoNintendo, my favorite Nintendo blog to release my Nintendo inspired desktop wallpapers!

* * *

If you've visited my blog before you might pick up on a couple things. I love my wife, my cats, my work -- and I love Nintendo. For me, I get the most enjoyment out of Mario and Zelda games, the classic Nintendo. It's one of those things that's difficult for me to put into words so this is where, as usual, I turn to pictures. As a way of instant decompression, what makes the difference for me personally is being able to unwind, even for a few minutes, with a little Mario at night; keeps me sane when the workload is crazy.

Another thing you might have picked up on is that I like to fit in personal projects during my normal client work. Recently I've been involved with an all-consuming animation job and I've been averaging 15 hour days, 7 days a week, give or take for the last 2 and a half months. When I could sneak in a little time here and there over the past few weeks, I thought it would be fun (and instant stress relief) to revisit these Nintendo classics for a tribute :

  • 3 Mario
  • 3 Zelda
  • 1 Metroid
  • 1 Yoshi's Island
  • 1 Kirby
  • 1 Pokémon

My goal for this little project was to work with particular, iconic colors and flat, graphic shapes -- put them together and try to approach certain feelings or memories connected to the individual games.

I took a little license with some of them, but for the most part I tried to stay as true as I could to the original 8 bit colors.

I hope you will enjoy them!

With out further ado, here they are :











The above images were sized down a little by Blogger but --