Thursday, October 26, 2006

Landon Snow 3 & 4


Currently reading the third book in the Landon Snow series, Landon Snow and the Island of Arcanum and I am enjoying it. I don't get a manuscript when I illustrate it, I just get a request for a spot, or I get an idea for the cover from the author and publisher so it's fun to finally be able to hold the book, see the whole project come together finally, and actually read it.

What I'm enjoying in this story, in the beginning here, is how the story sets you up to think that certain events are going to take place like in book 1 and book 2, but they don't... not at first, and not in the way you'd expect.

This was probably my favorite cover to do. I did it around this time last year when a terrific ice strom hit Greenville. Power was out at the studio, so I worked from home (somehow my roommate and I had power.)

The head shot of Landon for book 3, I think has turned out to be the best of them:


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And, since I just saw it on Amazon.com, Landon Snow 4 is coming, so I figured it'd be ok to post something here:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
links to Amazon.com to pick up your very own copy of the Landon Snow titles:

Book One: Landon Snow and Auctor's Riddle
Book Two: Landon Snow and Shadows of Malus Quidam
Book Three: Landon Snow and the Island of Arcanum
Book Four: Landon Snow and Igneus Forest (not yet released)

1 comment:

Kactiguy said...

Nice illustrations. I know what you mean. There are a lot of books I've illustrated but never read. I'll keep my eyes open for these. I bet my kids would love them.